“The Women’s Foreign Missionary Society (WFMS)” of the Methodist Episcopal Church took over the education of girls of Taylor High School thereby leading to the formation of ‘Taylor High School for Girls’ and ‘Taylor High School for Boys’. In 1888, the ‘Anglo-Indian Girls’ Orphanage and Home’ with 33 children was founded by Miss Dawley, an American Missionary at Arsenal Road. In 1893 this orphanage and Home was brought under the supervision of Mrs. Emily Hutchings, a Missionary of Scottish descent and a member of WFMS. She adopted ‘EBENEZER’ as her motto meaning ‘rock or stone of help’ in Hebrew. It functioned at Baptist Chapel on East Street, Poona, which was purchased from the sale proceeds of the house of Mrs. E. Hutchings in London. With the passage of time the Taylor High School for Boys was closed down. In 1913 the Orphanage and Home was merged with the Taylor High School for Girls and Mrs. E. Hutchings became the superintendent with Miss Agnes C. W. Dove assisting her.